Monday 20 June 2011

The very first Monday Manger!


Hiya! So I have decided to do the foody post then and plan to keep to it every Monday. The garlic and onion bread was amazing and the inlaws loved it! So much so they are thinking of getting a bread maker themselves, I can feel a bake off coming!

I have since made some feta and sundried tomato. Its absolutely delious and is about to be made into sarnies for todays picnic at the park. Yummy! I will share that recipe next week.

As it was fathers day yesterday and Dan had to work I thought it would be nice for the kids to make him something. We made lots of little shortbread biccies and that spelt out a special message just for him.

A great recipe to make with the kids as it is so simple and involves getting your hands dirty!

You will need-

75g Caster sugar
175g Butter
275g Plain flour

Mix flour and sugar
Rub butter into flour and sugar
Push together to form a dough
Roll out (kids might find it easier be to roll between two sheets of grease proof paper)
Cut out biscuits
Put on tray and bake @ gas 4 for about 10 minutes (depending on how big they are)
The recipe says it makes about 20 but I always end up with loads more. Oh and sometimes I add vanilla extract to.

Seeya Thurs,
B xxx

No comments: