Thursday 16 June 2011

Oh what a lucky girl I am!


Ok so this week i'm gonna share some of the fantastic presents I received for my bday. I was so lucky to get so many lovely things.

Its very hard to choose but I think this is my fav, a giant button pincushion. Belinda said she'd been looking for that perfect gift and then she saw this.



My older brother Leon (the artist also known as LAKart) gave me this canvas plus another. I am commissioning him to do a pop arty family portrait. You know like one big square, split in to four, a drawing of each of us, one in each corner painted in four different colours..... I will share that with you when its finished. Just need to decide on colours. Am thinking Teal and Olive green to go with my plans for the dining room.



I also received 3 bags! Which is fab as you can never have to many. I'm sure when I told Dan he saw secretly rolling his eyes and thinking "more bags!" This ones from Lozzie my sister in law. (technically shes my other halves sister). I love it!



These oh so cute measuring spoons are from Pippa and Linds. Think some one may have been reading my blog. I have stacking measuring cup in the same design. They clubbed together and got me lots of lovely bits and bobs. Thanks girls, love them all x



Oh and the dress! I have been eyeing this up for months for my mums wedding. I just kept thinking i can't or rather I shouldn't. In the end I didn't have to as Dan and the boys got me it. Now all I need are some shoes.


My Inlaws (or outlaws as my friend likes to call hers) got me two books that have been on my wishlist for a while. The first is called Hand Job which isn't as rude as it sounds. its a book on hand type. Which is basically hand drawn lettering/font Remember bubble writng and doodling on school books?

The other is Print and Pattern by Bowie Style(check out the blog) which is a must have for any one who likes pattern. I could sit and look at it for hours! I know they will give me so much inspiration over the coming months and years.



Last week I made this for Emma and Chris's beautiful new baby daughter Florence. They are moving soon and Emma said they are thinking of basing her room decoration on my embroidery. Matching bunting may be?



This week I have been making a few gifts for a friend, wont say who in case she is reading. Well they are in the post so will have to share what I made her next week as don't want to spoil the surprise. Shhhh! "

I don't think I have mentioned that I got a bread maker for Christmas. It is fabulous, I don't buy bread any more and I know whats in it. This book was another bday pressie, yesterday I made blueberry cake. Today as I type I have some onion and garlic bread on the go. Thinking I might start a recipe sharing post every Monday. Might call it Monday Manger or Monday Munchies. What d'ya think?



Lastly this was breakfast!! Yes I had the cheddar's (two packets) too!!

See ya next week,

B xxx


No comments: