Thursday 9 June 2011

My big lunch Birthday!

Sorry for not posting last week but I was busy organising a Big Lunch.



If you haven't heard of it, its a nationwide yearly event that is held on the first Sunday in June. The aim of the day is to get communities together and may be meet new people and make new friendships by encouraging street parties, picnic etc. Sounds nice doesn't it? Well when I read about it I thought what a great idea and as it just happened to fall on my Birthday I just had to arrange one.


So I asked at work (The Plough Inn, Littlethorpe - which is a lovely old village pub that serves excellent food well worth a visit if your in the area) if I could do it there. Then I set about organising who would bring what buffet food wise and everyone brought a small amount of meat for the bbq.



I also bagged a bouncy castle to keep the kids entertained, which it did very well. I'm only on there to look after my friends 2 year old - honest! I didn't do a head count but there were at least 80 people, loads of food (which was all eaten) and the weather was good. What more can you ask. Also had a little whip round for some local lads that are collecting for a skate park to be built in the village and that made just under £35. Everyone that attended has said what a fantastic time they had.

I had such a lovely birthday and received some excellent gifts, which I plan to share with you next time.

B xxx


P.s. Also did some camping in Matlock and went to see the monster trucks in the half term.


I am so chuffed with how the photos of the monster jam came out, not bad for a pretty bog standard digital camera hey? Will share more later. I bet your looking forward to that aren't you?!

No comments: