Wednesday 14 March 2012

The lego brick cake

My eldest son Lucas turned 8 two fridays ago and as he is a massive fan of the Lego Wii games I thought I would make him a gold Lego brick cake.



It was some mean feat! I had to make 3 square cakes and four muffins (for the studs). As I only had one square cake tin this took some time.



14 eggs, 775g flour, 775g butter, 775 g sugar, the grated rind of 3 lemons and two lots of butter cream later. Ta da -



I added some fondant icing.....



.......and found this amazing gold spray.





He was well chuffed so think it was worth all the effort. this is a beast of a cake and think I may have put on a few pounds eating it!




He had three friends for a sleepover on his birthday and think they were impressed by the cake, look -



Lucas is the one coughing all over the cake!



Hotdogs for tea in home made rolls -



I am so glad I don't have to do all that again until September for Isaac. Phew!

B xxx

No comments: