Thursday 14 May 2009

Its been a while.....

A few things have happened since my last post. I have had my first, well first 3 sales in Beakyberdashery. 



I have treated myself to a pincushion ring from Art Nest. Its fab I love it and is is great  when sewing little projects like my babushka dolls.



I have been placing a button order for an age, but I finally decided on the buttons to order and they have arrived! I love them! They are so bright and funky, I want to sew them to everything. Not sure the boys woulds appreciate that though. These are just a few of them, pop over to Beakyberdashery to see more.



I also finally got all 36 dolls made and sent off, then it was the turn of the Jute bag! I have had an order for 5 of these and a few of the big ones too. Isn't it funny how you seem to have runs on things. I have two left to finish today.



We have all had a crappy cold in the Beaky household (hoping its not swine flu!!!). I'm finding it so hard to concentrate on anything. Ok I'm off to start preparing the dinner - Thai fish curry!

Oh and we are getting new windows and a door fitted on Monday, wish me luck!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend,
B x

7 comments:

bex said...

mmmm buttony goodness! love the jute bag to!!
x

Erin said...

that ring is hilarious! I can't believe someone thought of that. . . so much safer than the mouth. (yea, that's how my momma showed me how to do it . . .)

me said...

oh, those buttons look like candy - all the colors and stripes and I can almost hear the sound they make when they are all in your hand, and while you're sorting them....takes me back to grandma's button tin....Love your pictures!!!

MissKarenAshley said...

That ring is amazing! Those buttons are great too. Love the colors, I could eat them!

Peach Nia said...

I am loving the ring pin coushion!!!

Anonymous said...

love those buttons scrummy colours. xx jo xx

Violetstone said...

Hi Beaky, so your the one who makes those gorgeous bags, I love those..as you probably know since I featured you ages ago, but I can never remember names...Anyway I waffle...

YOU ARE THE WINNER of my first competition giveaway. It is for a crochet lace scarf in hand spun wool.

If you want this please let me know and send my your earth address and I will send it post haste...

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog.

Cheers Violetstone