Monday 16 February 2009

Flapper girl or red Indian?


I work in the local pub at the bottom of my road and the landlady has a bit of a thing for dressing up. A few weeks ago I dressed up as a motown Diva for their Motown Disco. I wore a long gold dress, gold shoes, big sunglasses and to finish off the outfit a black afro wig. Thankfully batteries were flat or cameras were forgotten so their is no photographic evidence - I don't think it was a good look for me. 

I definitely prefer the flapper girl look, the night this time was Gangsters and Mols - The  Valentines Massacre. I made the headband with a feather from my local craft shop and some elastic and a gem I had in my stash. A few of the regulars said I looked  more like a Red Indian than a 1920s Mol.



The dress was from a charity shop, hurray for charity shops! 




The tights though were my best buy, from Topshop from their sale rail. I was really lucky with these they just caught my eye as I was leaving the shop and they are the same colour as the feather. I love these tights and they definitely need to be worn again.





Dress : £3
Tights £1
Feather : 50p

A great night was had by all the pub was packed which is quite a feat at the mo.  
B x

1 comment:

Rach said...

Flapper Girl definitely!!

Nothing like a Red Indian!! Cheeky monkeys :D